Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Balance: Resolute



Resolution. Goal. Intention. One little word. Meditation. 

It's that time of year--the moment people all across the world are rebooting their lives in the hopes of some kind of fresh start. The prospect of change is always a heady experience, and while I'm more apt to reevaluate life goals around my birthday, I'm definitely not immune, so let's do this.

My One Little Word* for 2014 is balance. I don't want to lose the momentum I gained with last year's focus on 'create'. I want to always remember to make time to create, build, and implement all of the ideas swirling around in my head. Work hard, play hard and all that jazz. Still, I want to add a bit more balance back into my life over this next year. It won't be perfect. I predict it will even be downright messy, but I want to add in some things I stopped making time for last year. Cooking at home, stepping away from the computer from time to time, and actually making and keeping those doctor's appointments are all on my balance list.

The rest of this month this space will be a smidge dreamy, a bit planny, and possibly filled with other made-up words.


*I wasn't going to call it One Little Word, but let's face it. That's exactly what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment