Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day in the Life, 07.23.13

I got the wild idea the other day to document my daily activities a la the well-known Ali Edwards project. I usually get distracted by these type of projects because they remind me of how beige (the colors, not what I'm actually doing) day-to-day life can be. Still, I love peeking into others' lives when they do them, so I thought I'd offer a look behind the veil at my Tuesday.

Day in the life, 07/23/13
I spent a few minutes in the early morning catching up on email and Twitter. If shared stories or links on Twitter catch my eye, I usually allow myself to read a couple before really buckling down. One of the first things I tackled on Tuesday was reviewing a map of boring locations for one of my projects. You wouldn't believe how much back and forth was involved in finalizing the location of just one of those dots. At least they're pink ;-)
Day in the life, 07/23/13
I usually fill whatever water bottle I have laying around a few times during the day and, lately, have been swearing by the Mio that has caffeine. I convinced myself it was enough of a pick me up to review a sediment coring plan on another of my Maryland projects followed by more emails back and forth with the engineer, geomorphologist, and partners to finalize things.
Day in the life, 07/23/13
Sometimes I forget to take a break and make sure my plants are watered.
Day in the life, 07/23/13
This is one of my coworkers. She wasn't really a fan of this particular photo, so let's keep it between us. We met to discuss prep for our yearly audit. Because I have a number of federal grants, I always like to make sure my files are in order :-/
Day in the life, 07/23/13
Later that afternoon, I headed to Crownsville, MD and the Maryland Historical Trust. My intern forgot to put some important archival photos in the mail, and it was pretty urgent that our state historic preservation officer get these.
Day in the life, 07/23/13
Day in the life, 07/23/13
I ended the day by swimming a few laps at the gym. This is the gym buddy.

What does an average day look like for you? I want to see your day in the life!

1 comment:

  1. I started this the other day and took one picture. Oops! I'll try another day.

    ReplyDelete