Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Life's too short...

Goodbye, St Paul!

From A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

“I hate all those flirty-birty games that women make up. Life’s too short. If you ever love a man, don’t waste time hanging your head and simpering. Go right up to him and say, ‘I love you. How about getting married?’”

                                                                                                                              - Francie’s mom

I have a collection of quotes in the notes section of my phone. This is a new favorite and seemed appropriate on a day when we're all reflecting on the brevity of life. One day, this will be my story, and I'm very okay with that.

4 comments:

  1. Jen - I wish I was, too. I know I've got it in me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT!
    I met my Mr by my dearest friend calling dibs on him. Less than 6 months later we were married. He didn't play a round, just came right out with it and BAM that was over 10 years ago. Gotta take that leap of faith! Plus, its so exciting not knowing if you will fall or fly. :)

    ReplyDelete