Sunday, July 01, 2012

Goodbye, June!

I'm not looking to rush the year but, boy, am I glad June is over! I knew going in that it was going to be crazy busy at work...the kind of craziness that bleeds over into the weekend despite my best efforts.

Luckily, I got to give June the proper sendoff on Friday by gathering with a few of the folks who shared in my hectic schedule. When you hang out in Annapolis, the people feel compelled to give you seafood. This was my first seafood boil (and first time trying snow crab and mussels), so the evening was dubbed the education of Serena. We won't talk about the fact that a 5-year old was better at eating crab than I was ;-)

boiling point

The spread...my first seafood broil

My contribution

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous spread of food! Amazing! Goodbye June indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me so much of living in Savannah and their 'Low Country Boil' :)

    Peace Out JUNE!

    ReplyDelete