Wednesday, February 22, 2012

List: Blogs I'm digging

Packing makes me silly
Me, sporting some of the random items I ran across while packing.

I realized the other day that it's been a while since I shared some of my favorite blog reads. I don't know about you, but there are those blogs I skim quickly, ones where I only read certain regular segments, and those that I devour immediately. The latter category includes the people who I secretly wish would post more, if only to feed the minor addiction I have to what they have to share. I need to remind myself to share a few of these reads every now and then because I totally get all self-satisfied when I get my friends hooked on someone new.

So, without further adieu, here are a few of the blogs, etc. that keep me eyeing my Google reader.

Shutterbean: Tracy has a little bit of everything, and I love it. The recipes she posts always look amazing, and I'm a huge fan of the juice and adult beverages she shares. I generally need a little bit more than recipes, however, and Tracy delivers with regular life updates and a weekly list of her finds around the Web. I might be even more smitten with the Joy the Baker podcast, which she co-hosts with Joy the Baker. Every week I end up laughing to the point where that embarrassing snort sneaks out (seriously, listen to the episode where they talk about uncomfortable knickers). Have I also mentioned we share a love of stripes?

That is all.: Ashley's a local girl with great taste! Her VA is for Lovers series is a must read, particularly if you live in Virginia or plan on stopping by soon. Sometimes I find we've been haunting the same places and other times I discover something new to explore in my state (i.e., pie). Perfect. What I love more, however, are her makeup posts. I've always loved makeup, but over the past decade or so (let's blame it on working for an environmental nonprofit) I've gone super natural. I'm good with this, but I've also been telling myself for the past couple of years that I want to start experimenting with makeup again. Ashley is super inspiring. Her reviews and tutorials are the just the kick in the pants I needed. Things to check out - the YouTube channel she launched late last year.

andrew and carissa: Beautiful photos, video, and lots of soul. Following their adoption story totally melted my heart and made me question whether I am doing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment