Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthdays...it's how we roll

It's been a while since I've written about the joys of a birthday celebrated. If there's one thing about my group of friends, it's that we refuse to let a birthday go by without proper recognition. Ravena's birthday was March 5, and she wanted to spend it cooking for all of us. Three meals and an open house. Personally, I can't imagine how cooking throughout the day would bring anyone happiness, particularly on a birthday, but Ravena has always walked to the beat of her own drum. That drum happens to love cooking.

I documented a bit of the fare that was offered throughout the day*.

Sharon's vegan sticky buns
Ravena's friend Sharon made these vegan bad boys. I marveled at the creation of a bread product without eggs or milk.

Croque Monsieur
Lunch was a croque monsieur, which I'm told is just a fancy ham and cheese sandwich.

Slide1
Evolution of the birthday cake.

chicken and dumplings
Chicken and dumplings for dinner. Yum!

I've left out photos of the people who attended, but if Adam is a barometer, everything was good and classy.

classy


*I'm not stupid. I came early and camped out the entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment