Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Electioneering*

The streets of Northern Virginia were oddly quiet this morning. Every school I passed had lines wrapped around the block with people waiting to fulfill their civic duty and pick our next leader. The enterprising among us were out selling bagels and muffins and caffeine to those willing to brave early hours and long lines. Meanwhile, the highways were almost empty compared to what they normally are. The metro trains weren't as crowded, and fewer people hustled through the streets of DC. This is what happens when all the world decides to wait in line at once.

So thankful I voted early.


*Because it was a good title and worth stealing ;-)

1 comment:

  1. It IS a great title. Have I ever told you about my (self-described) "flaming liberal" freshman college professor who had us analyze this song? Made me hate the song for so long.

    I VOTED!

    ReplyDelete