Sunday, September 21, 2008

I want to make my own pickles

I want a garden. It's an odd thing for me to want given that I don't like dirt under my fingernails and usually do what I can to avoid bugs. Despite my hangups, the desire to grow my own grub and can things has slowly been growing. It began with my falling for the design of You Grow Girl and as a pragmatic addition to my apocalypse list. Now I find myself looking for stray plots of land around my apartment complex that I can hijack for a guerrilla garden (there aren't any) and thinking maybe I need a cute little house. Of course, maybe I need to find a cheaper area of the country to live in order to afford this dream. Ha.

1 comment:

  1. I have never ever wanted a garden. I would be ok with my husband or someone having one bc I like home-grown veggies and stuff, but I never want to take care of a garden.

    Not sure how I currently feel about your flickr thing. Like the new look of the blog, though.

    ReplyDelete