Sunday, September 28, 2008

Alone in the dark




















I went by myself to the movies today, watching Burn After Reading. While I love sharing a movie with others, going to the movies alone is one of my secret joys. The concession stands serves up a giant Diet Coke and the seats cushion my ass, reclining just right. I like the dark, cool atmosphere and being able to sit up front. When I'm by myself, I can escape more fully, shoving the reality of lift into those dusty crevices and living in the movie with the characters. Not that I'd want to live in the Coen brothers' world. I'd probably end up getting whacked or would have to inadvertently kill someone. Still, I enjoyed my cool, cushy isolation.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    I go to the movies by myself all of the time.... I tend to have a better experience when it's just me (it usually depends on the film - romatic comedies by yourself = not fun).

    ReplyDelete