Friday, May 23, 2008

Every breath you take

Do you know that moment when you first get what one of those common sayings actually means? I experienced such a moment earlier this year with "is your brain getting enough oxygen?" I knew the phrase denoted crazy or something to that effect. I guess I just never considered the science behind the phrase. Over the past year, however, I have gotten to experience it through a loved one. It seems like every couple of months my grandmother gets hit with something that keeps her brain from getting enough oxygen. They only way we sometimes know she's sick is that she starts talking crazy. I have so much more to say about this and my grandmother and what this last year has been like, but I just can't find the words to express everything that has happened and that I feel. Maybe some day soon.

1 comment:

  1. My mother began showing signs of early-onset dementia. She became forgetful, couldn't speak correctly, etc. Turns out that she has severe sleep apnea and the constant lack of oxygen to her brain caused brain tissue to die. So I totally can relate to the "lack of oxygen to the brain" thing. It's amazing what happens.

    ReplyDelete