Saturday, January 12, 2008

Over the shoulder

I am willing to admit that I read over people's shoulders on the metro. Rarely do I actually get into an article. It's really more glancing at the headlines. Given my schedule, there are many days where this is the only news that I get.

Anyway, earlier this week on my ride home, I found myself presented with more unique reading material. This woman sitting down in front of me (I was standing) was studying flash cards. Plumbing and water delivery flash cards. This was a middle aged woman wearing professional attire. Full suit, pantyhose, jewelry, etc. She did not look like someone looking to learn the intricacies of pressure valves.

What did I do? Continue to read over her shoulder and guess the correct answers with her. I won't lie. I would do a little hop in my mind every time I got an answer correct.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I love flashcards... And also reading over people's shoulders. And looking in their windows at night.

    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:03 PM

    very cute, though don't feel so bad, i do it too, the other day this hot as hell guy was reading about cancer therapy... smart and good looking, and i happened to miss janet on the cover of the express though i was too lazy to get one.. love news over the shoulder

    ReplyDelete