Sunday, November 11, 2007

Let me in

I was alone pretty much the entire day and spent like 90% of it inside my apartment. When I realized my evening plans were falling through around 2:30, it hit me that it has actually been ages since I've been by myself for this long.

If I'm going to be honest, it was a bit unsettling. The thing is, while I'm good at being alone and don't lack for things to entertain me, I'm sometimes afraid of being left alone with my thoughts. An entire afternoon and evening to ponder the mistakes I've made in my life, what's missing and who I miss? Call me crazy, but I was a little wary.

That said, I kind of made the decision early on to have it so. It's always good to make sure you can stand yourself because you never know if you'll wind up alone later in life. hahaha...that might sound so negative, but it really wasn't meant to be. The only moment that could be construed as melodramatic was listening to a Decembrist mix (the slow shite) and lying on my couch.

In addition to listening to music, I (1) watched an episode and a half of Ugly Betty; (2) bought two pairs of shoes and a pair of magenta tights; (3) had a photoshoot with James; (4) watched Marissa die on the OC; (5) did laundry and dishes; (6) ate someone else's leftover spaghetti; (7) commented on Flickr photos; and (8) did a lot of thinking.

Not a bad day at all. Just not something I want to do all day, every day.

4 comments:

  1. Yuck, I'd hate to be left alone with an episode and a half of Ugly Betty;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you were still productive though!

    And I had forgotten I made you a Best of Decemberists cd. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:58 AM

    At least you didn't spend the day with a sore throat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being left alone with one's thoughts can be disconcerting. I find that cookie dough and Tivo'ed episodes of Grey's Anatomy work wonders.

    ReplyDelete