Friday, September 07, 2007

The San Francisco treat

Having spent the better part of this week in San Francisco at a work conference and jetting back on a red-eye last night, I am exhausted. I find myself wondering if I can blame at least some of my exhaustion on being able to hang out with colleague turned good friend and boo, Elizabeth. When given the mandate that we should drink together while I was out on the left coast, Elizabeth took it to heart. Tuesday evening rolled around and Scarlet and I found ourselves in Elizabeth's Berkeley backyard kicking back with a drink in our hands.

If I weren't so tired, I would tell you what a good hostess Elizabeth and her bf Mark were. We were fed and watered like you wouldn't believe. It was also nice to spend time in their little community where neighbors and housemates came out to the yard to imbibe and grab a bite. Is the barometer of a good evening being made to feel comfortable and at home? Is it not remembering how you made it back to the hotel the next morning? hahaha.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth! Thank you so much. It was awesome to meet you and I had a great time. (I hope you see this.)


    Party people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Glad that you had fun... did you see anyone jump off of the GG Bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now have the Rice-A-Roni commercial stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete