Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fair trade is more than just coffee

In cataloguing my books for The Library Thing, I realized exactly how many books I have that I haven’t even read, many that I have no intention of reading. Most of my unread books are advance reader copies I’ve rescued from the bookstore. I have a soft spot for unclaimed books that might have some redeeming value somewhere. So I adopt these books, eventually lugging them back to apartment where they take up residence on my bookshelves.

Well, no longer. These advance copies need homes with people who may actually want to read them. Peruse my catalogue on Library Thing, and look at the books tagged 'advance reader copy'. I’m interested in a trade. You tell me which book you want and what you’ve got to trade me for it. Deal?




2 comments:

  1. i do love the Library Thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not be perusing. Only bc I don't need any more books! And I can't part with the ones I have anyway. (Except for maybe Flannery O'Connor)

    ReplyDelete