Thursday, February 23, 2006

Where am I going?

Lately I feel like my mind has been on dancing around a "do I like where my life is going" crisis. I like to avoid thinking about this kind of thing because then that forces me to make decisions, something people who know me know that I'm loathe to do. Unfortunately, I'm getting older and am evidently supposed to have some kind of strategic plan for my life. I dislike strategic planning because life can't be carved in stone. I believe it's best enjoyed like a river, winding its way across the land.

However, spank me and call me Sally because evidently I'm glutton for punishment and need to go through this exercise in annoyance. Maybe today I'll just allow myself to ponder my career situation.

Pros:
*Enjoyable/Fulfilling
*Challenging
*"Expert" (ha) in field
*Varied

Cons:
*Quest for something more
*Need for greater creative outlet
*Nonprofits don't pay the best
*Need for excitement

This basically did nothing but make me feel guilty for wanting something more than my current job. What it boils down to is this girl needs regular change. I need to feel like I'm making a difference, and while I do feel like I'm making a difference for the environment (and subsequently people), I want to start with people. Of course, who am I to try to fix people? I should be thankful for what I have.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I just want to pick up and move. I want change or something exciting. That's why I want to travel more, I think it would fulfill that need.

    ReplyDelete