Friday, February 10, 2006

Love the mix

Don't get any ideas from the title...it's just a crush. It's a crush that's slowly reducing my ability to think like a normal human being and managing to turn me into a mute fool when he's near. I reached a turning point last night, however, and decided to stop blathering on about it. This is like my almost last hurrah in blogging about him making me loopy, inspired entirely the songs that found their way onto my MailTunes* cd. I truly believe the right songs find us at the right times in our life, narrating our thoughts and emotions.

Tear You Apart by She Wants Revenge - My version of the perfect crush song. It's like an obsessiveness that builds into like and wanting someone in every way you can want them. Wanting to be devoured by someone.

Hate by Cat Power - Illustrates that vulnerability I just can't shake...where you're not even good enough for you.

This Modern Love by Bloc Party - Sublime. I'm still working on all the ways I feel this song, but the last couple of lines (where he asks if she wants to hang) nags at the dusty corners of my brain.

*A fab club of fab girls exchanging music to a theme.

5 comments:

  1. I have has similar song "moments"/realizations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Girl Who - Lovely and day dreamey...yes. However, my neuroses also make me antsy and impatient. Sigh. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just realize that you accidentally got deleted from my blogroll when I changed from blogrolling to bloglines. So sorry. Do you publish a current RSS feed? Is Atom turned on in your preferences?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill - Evidently Atom is turned on, but I have so not figured out this whole RSS feed thing. Any advice if greatly appreciated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it beautiful how you can connect your thoughts and emotions to music? Your choices of music are like an extension of yourself and of your life at the present moment in time. One day, you might be more attuned to one song. The next, you may find something completely different to move you and speak to you.

    ReplyDelete