Tuesday, November 08, 2005

teenage crushes

I was looking through a box of old photos the other day in search of a picture of me as a toddler and came across several photos of an adolescent me hanging in my room. Like your average pre-teen (hell, teen) I had adorned my walls with all sorts of random memories. This includes a lion's share of ripped out pages from magazines like Tiger Beat featuring men I thought I couldn't live with out. Looking back I have come to realize that perhaps my taste in men was always skewed. My walls featured George Michael (gay); Michael J. Fox (Alex P. Keaton so played into my republican fantasies); and Elvis Presley (what other kid gets a crush on a overweight, dead rock star). There were more photos up, but these 3 were definitely my obsession. What celeb crushes did you have when you were a kid?

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:45 AM

    i had a crush on george michael, too! i remember i got really upset when scarlet and my mom told me he was gay...that was right when "the incident" happened.

    i love tommy lee jones and my friends make fun of me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy Lee Jones is hot for a crusty old guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently lust after Brad Pitt but we allll know that. When I was younger I loved Leonardo Dicaprio, Donnie from NKOTB, Kirk Cameron, and Slash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved Matt Damon. I get teased a lot about that :-P

    I also had a huge crush on the younger Michael Jackson.

    I had a crush on some of the guys from the Mickey Mouse Club (pre Britney and JT).

    Um... who else...Rio from JEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew Fox in "Party of Five"...even if I denied it vehemently at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loved Bailey from POF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. leo as luke in growing pains.

    jared leto in my so-called life (even though i was slightly older at the time)

    i always had this desire to "save" someone...

    ReplyDelete
  8. River Phoenix. I still have all the pages I ripped out of those magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Joey from NKOTB. My grandma said he had "bedroom eyes" and I remember being so confused because I didn't know the expression. And later, Luke Perry.

    ReplyDelete