Friday, September 02, 2005

Fuck Bush!

Bush urged Americans to curb .... He also warned Gulf Coast residents, including those searching for water and food, not to break into businesses or commit other crimes during the crisis.
"There ought to be zero tolerance of people breaking the law during an emergency such as this," Bush said in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America."
"If people need water and food, we're going to do everything we can to get them water and food," Bush added. "It's very important for the citizens in all affected areas to take personal responsibility and assume a kind of a civic sense of responsibility so that the situation doesn't get out of hand, so people don't exploit the vulnerable."
--"A City of Despair and Lawlessness", Washington Post
If my family or the family of someone I love doesn't have food or water and have been waiting days for assistance, you can bet your ass I'm going to do my best to get it for them. I wouldn't exploit the vulnerable, but I sure as hell would make my way to that abandoned corner store and grab some effing food for my family. If the federal government can't (or won't) react swiftly enough in times of crisis, it is my personal responsibility to do what I can to ensure their health and survival.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation-if I'd 'break' into the abandoned store or not.

    I'm NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL ARGUMENT but...what would you expect Bushy Bush to say? He kind of HAS to say that (not to 'steal')...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 PM

    People take the words "personal responsibility" to different levels though. Not everyone would be/is as responsible in decision-making as you would perhaps be.

    I'm going to stop my comment before I start sounding like i agree with Bush. (*barf*)

    ~Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:58 PM

    You know I'm going to post: Why the fuck is everyone confusing foor and water with TV's, BBQ grills and electronics?

    Can't wait to destroy their own communities and steal from each other eh? Time to watch American History X again for some of that oh-so-good rhetoric.....

    Barron

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were a Bush speechwriter, this is what I would have written (or something like it) for him in regard to the looting...

    "I know these are trying times. We are doing everything we can to get you out of there and to a safe haven as quickly as possible."

    To the looters
    "...if we haven't made it to you with food and water, please make sure you take enough to share with your neighbors. Remember everyone is in this together."

    To the business owners
    "I understand your loss in this is great. Know that the government will there to help you get back on your feet."

    To those shooting at people and stealing tvs
    "You had better be certifiable because, when I come down there, I am going to personally bust a cap in your ass."

    To Barron. I understand we have a difference of opinions on a lot of different subjects, but I WILL NOT tolerate your racist bullshit on this site.

    ReplyDelete