Friday, May 06, 2005

Pass the cheese please

Ever like those cheesy songs but are embarrassed to say so? On my lunch break I was reminded of two songs I think are hilarious. I love their "get over it" pessimistic attitude. I'm tlaking about Stephen Stills Love the One You're With and Meatloaf's Two Out of Three Ain't Bad. Now, I'm not sure if it's the original Meatloaf version I'm thinking of, but none-the-less, I've included bits of the lyrics to both songs below because I like them and because I want to.

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
Baby we can talk all night
But that ain't gettin us nowhere
I told you everything I possibly can
There's nothing left inside of here

And maybe you can cry all night
But that'll never change the way I feel
The snow is really piling up outside
I wish you wouldn't make me leave here

I poured it on and I poured it out
I tried to show you just how much I care
I'm tired of words and I'm too hoarse to shout
But you've been cold to me so long
I'm crying icicles instead of tears

And all I can do is keep on telling you
I want you, I need you
But-there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you
Now don't be sad
'Cause two out of three ain't bad
Now don't be sad
'Cause two out of three ain't bad

Love the One You're With
If you're down, and confused
And you don't remember, who you're talkin' to
Concentration slips away
'Cause your baby is so far away

And there's a rose, in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies, with the dove
And if you can't be, with the one you love
Love the one you're with

Don't be angry, don't be sad
Don't sit cryin' over good times you had
There's a girl, right next to you
And she's just waitin', for something to do

Turn your heartache right into joyS
he's a girl, and you're a boy
So get it together, make it nice
You ain't gonna need, any more advice

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:50 PM

    oh i love it. especially the second one.

    ~Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:52 PM

    I wonder if she'll guess who is leaving this comment. What do you think?
    She might have an inkling.
    Yeah, she is pretty smart.
    I wish she wasn't working right now. I say we go to The Barn and STEAL HER!
    Ok. I think we should drive up in a minivan and pull her in and speed away.
    Yeah, That sounds good. But while we are there I might want to get a drink from the Cafe, Is that okay?
    I guess... we'll just pretend the kidnapping is being filmed in slow motion. Especially since it's cafe we're talking about.
    True. True. But now I'm excited because Slo-Mo is really cool. As my Uncle Art always says, "Everything's better in Slo-Mo!"
    Is he the one that works for the OC?
    No.
    Oh. Ok.
    Oh sorry, I just zoned out for a minute.
    God Scarlet, you didn't have to be so short. - Um. I mean Snarlet. I know no one named Scarlet. And my name isn't Steven.
    Oh my gosh, What is it? And why are we ignoring the phone?
    Um... my name is... Sleven. I always ignore the phone here. I think we're covering well, don't you? She'll never guess.
    I agree. But I wanted to let you know that I actually spell my name like this: P-S-C-A-R-L-E-T The "P" is silent. But let's go back to talk about how awesome I am...
    I'm so stupid! I always forget the silent P. Just like I forget the silent M in my name - S-L-E-V-E-M-N. ... We kick so much ass.
    We really do. Do you think we should end this and go and kick some REAL ASS!?
    Fo sho. We'll go kick some ass with your tan arms.
    The awesome part is that noone knows exactly what we are talking about. I think it's because we've been left back in Music a few too many times. Ok, Shall we go kick it?
    Yes. Let's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. who was that? They are so funny!

    ReplyDelete