Monday, October 11, 2004

Political burn out

I'm completely burned out when it comes to politics. It's not that I've given up hope or refuse to continue to fight, but I have to admit that what I really feel like doing is sitting down and having a good cry or moving to another country. During the 2000 elections, I was working at the Gore headquarters in Nashville doing satellite media, and I didn't think my feelings for politics could sink any lower after the election fiasco. Little did I know what heartache the next four years would bring...lies, manipulation, the Patriot Act, 9/11, war, unemployment, environmental mismanagement. I can't list any more without falling into a deep depression. The two most important things we can do to affect change over the next month are to vote on November 2 and to pray. Regime change must happen for the good of the country and the world for that matter.

For thoughtful commentary, worthwhile bumper stickers and more, check out http://www.sojo.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment