Monday, September 27, 2004

Avoidance and more of my favorite pasttimes

Monday morning...that dreaded first day of the week where getting up and getting started is so hard. A week of possibilities or of the same old drama?

I've fallen into this habit that I really need to break. It's not like it is a recent addition to my personality but more something that has begun to emerge throughout the years...I'm an avoider. Whenever there is a reality I don't want to face, bill I don't think I can pay, goal I'm too lazy to accomplish, etc., I ignore it. I've become quite adept at putting these things in a lockbox in my mind and hiding the key. As I'm sure you can imagine, this has hurt me in the past, so I'm working on prying the lockbox open and trying to figure out why I felt the need to purchase it in the first place. Once clarity comes, I just may share.

No comments:

Post a Comment